Friday, April 4

My Seven Things

So now Michelle's gotten me out of the blogging slump - she tagged me. We are good friends for sure, but unlikely ones in the sense that we only talk at weddings, see each other through blog photos and generally visit through an occasional blog comment - BUT I'd take a bump on the head for her any day!

The Rules:
Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
Tag 7 people. - I don't have that many blogging friends. My generation can't get with Blogging!
Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

My Seven Things:

1. I was born in Tokyo. My dad was in the Air Force at Taichikawa Air Force Base. I've threatened my parents for years that I am going to get a tatoo - small black print on the bottom of my foot that says "Made in Japan."
2. I take Funeral Notes. Yep. Writing down the qualities of people who have gone on in hopes that I can achieve some of those great characteristics that people obviously appreciate. Today's funeral notes of the Great GrandChuck include - humble, sweet, gracious, church member, kindest face. Oh yeah, I need me some of those.
3. My latest purchase on itunes was That's How You Know from Enchanted with Amy Adams. I love show tunes and singing to them. I think Dawkin (5 yrs) does too because he gets really excited and sings the Reggae guy's part. The movie was showing on Costco's tvs yesterday and I almost started gliding up and down the aisles like she does - Pate the Great (9 yrs) was really getting embarrassed (that was the best part!). click on the title to watch and hear. . .
4. I love red bell peppers! My favorite is to eat them like an apple and just bite into them. I like them with cottage cheese, eggs, hummus and of course, icing! I've got them growing in my garden - come join me for some in about. . .58 days!
5. I don't like to watch tv unless I'm tired or sick. If I am going to watch it, I better learn something from it - Preaching or Cooking!
6. Someone recently called me an "Over Achiever". I took offense to it (not in front of them) and have now been trying to work through my being offended - is it good or is it bad? I mentioned it to a bestest bud and she agreed. Hmmpffff! Now, I was offended twice! 
7. I like to make lists. Things to do. Things to put away. People to call. House jobs to take care of. Etc. But no one in my household reads, abides or cares about those lists. So I just make them to organize all the thoughts in my head (there really isn't enough paper).

The people I would like to know more about. . . Kellie, Dana, Courtney and YOU!

God loves the pure hearted and well spoken; good leaders also delight in their friendship. Proverbs 22:11

5 comments:

Lauren said...

I love "That's How You Know," too!

Cynthia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cynthia said...

Hello friend! I loved reading your seven things. I too am a crazy list maker and love show tunes. I never knew that you were not born here in the good old USA. I have learned something new today! Hope all is well with you and your family. Have a fabulous week!

Dana said...

Red bell peppers are so good. In almost anything! They are my favorites...I love the orange and yellow ones as well.

Hey, posted my tag 7 things on my Ventage Inklings blog. Didn't know if you knew that...

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Broker, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-broker-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.