Saturday, September 6

Oh, Sweet Pumpkin!


No doubt September is the month of the year I look forward to most of all. Partly because it's my birthday month but the weather begins to change and my favorite thing of all happens. . .Starbucks brings back the seasonal Pumpkin Spice Latte. It warms my very being and makes me grin just at the sniff of it.

Last night, at the near conclusion to a date night, after a particularly difficult week, Adam and I skipped into skcubratS for a tall something or other (it was our comfort dessert after our out-of-the-ordinary thai dinner). We stood in line and I was contemplating what my order should entail. . .decaf tall skinny cinnamon dolce latte? nonfat green tea latte? tall soy chai? But alas! I almost took a little cheerleader bounce (nope, never was - should have been - evidently subject for another post) and clapped my hands - IT'S SEPTEMBER, me thinks, DECAF TALL NONFAT PUMPKIN SPICE PUHHHHLEEEEESE! YES! - I am now close to ecstatic - it's just those little things that thrill the heck out of me.

My mind searches back to my most favorite of all September Pumpkin Spice remembrance. It was September 1, 2006. Adam and I had just landed in a delightfully cool, light sweater necessary, Seattle with great anticipation of his brother's Labor Day weekend wedding. We knew we had a little drive before we reached the true destination of Port Townsend and so after securing the rental car and playing with it's GPS chick, Adam found us a Starbucks! We walked in and once again, there was the cheerleader jump and subsequent PS actions after. I could smell it - and boy was I happy - IN Seattle, IN Starbucks, WITH my PSL. Life was good. 

Not sure how many PSL's I secured that weekend, but they were all my favorites - well, except for that one last night.

May the righteous be glad and rejoice before God; may they be happy and joyful. Psalm 68:2-4

3 comments:

coffeegirl said...

Do you think we'll have coffee in heaven? I sure hope so!!!
I'm waiting for the newly designed Christmas themed coffee thermos for the season...my favorite.

Becky Kiser said...

that's hilarious. don't you just love the fall?!!

Cynthia said...

Oh I love that one too! I will have to make a run to that delicious smelling place in the near future.

Hope you are doing well!