Tuesday, February 26

The Happy



There are so many great everyday memories from my trip to Brazil. Here are some of the thoughts that warm my heart. . .
-Kilo restaurants (it would never work in the states)
-Blind puppy dog, Joe. He does so well in the apartment except for those times he gets excited and goes "bam!" into the wall. . .
-singing backup with Georgia to this great reggae, portuguese, worship song
-walking on the multi designed black and white Rio stone sidewalks
-seeing the beach out the window each morning (even through the rain)
-listening to Patti prepare for lessons and conferring with Georgia on portuguese translation
-acai smoothie (the c should have that little squiggle underneath it - pronounce A sai ee)
-good sweet papaya and mango every morning
-shopping at midnight
-dinner at 10pm EVERY night
-the yellow heart plate and matching mug from the girls' kitchen
-taking the stairs to the 6th floor apartment
-deelicious fresh brazillian coffee each morning
-laughing about all the old 70s and 80s Christian Music Artists (we were rolling while belting out "Via de La Rosa"
-my last moments with Patti, Georgia and their precious friend, Marcia, in the chaotic Rio airport - they waved goodbye, I waved goodbye, they jumped up and waved, I tried without security accosting me jump up and wave - it was a very sweet time for me - I didn't want to leave and they didn't want me to leave (I think!)

So I commend the enjoyment of life, because nothing is better for a man under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany him in his work all the days of the life God has given him under the sun. Ecclesiastes 8:15


2 comments:

Nancy Mon said...

but i am so glad you are back

Amanda said...

Pamela! Thanks for your sweet comment! You are so gracious. I look forward to seeing you around more in the future! Hopefully I will have my wits about me next time.
Much love,
Amanda