Monday, October 27

What kind of Cat House are they runnin' over there?


I have a new baby. Warm and fuzzy and really, really sweet. No, really!

After securing a puppy dog, Lily Grace, for our boys, I promised no more pets. In fact even considered laying off one of the two cats we currently employed. Wouldn't it be perfect - ONE CAT, ONE DOG, TWO BOYS. A plaything for each. 

The one I wanted to give a pink slip to was this gray thing. Esther was brought to us by a really good friend, who shall remain nameless to protect his reputation, back in October of 2006. He found her under a bridge on the way to our house and since I had put an old kitty, Twooz, to sleep a few months prior he thought I might enjoy a new baby. Well, here's the thing. I didn't really mind putting the old girl to sleep because she was annoying and weird. Guess what? So is Esther! See how she looks in this photo??? I'm feeling really guilty for wanting to get rid of her but I had devised a plan to take her to the SPCA after Hurrican Ike and tell them I found her in my back yard - well, it would be TRUE!

Now, one of my favorite guys EVER is this one. Steady Merckx (merks). Named after greatest bicyclist of all time, Belgian rider Eddy Merckx. My Merckx is a handsome guy, cool cat, king of the driveway. He's a dream (except that one time he peed on my laundry - well nobody's perfect!).

So to the the new kid. His name is Moto (Dawkin calls him Albert Felinestein). We were having a garage sale at my parents house a week ago and this couple walked up with a little girl holding the kitty. My dad asked if we could pet him because we love kitties (my parents had four but in August/Sept. lost two of them in 3 weeks!). The little girl replied that they had found him and we could have him. I heard myself reply, "I'll take him." WHHHAAAAAT? Who said that????? To be honest, I had been thinking about getting a kitten for Lily because the other two weren't so nice to her. And Adam had Ebony and Tom Jones (a doberman and orange kitty) while growing up who where the best of friends. 

Of course, I was preparing myself for babyville and had already thought I would be losing sleep that night to care for the newby. Nope. He found the litter box all by himself and curled up in our laps for his naps. YIPPEE! So I have to tell you my plan is working. After an initial couple of hisses and canine marks on the ears (not the cat's, mine!), the two are becoming friends.

Need a kitten fix? Come to my house. No sense in all of us having to buy baby food.

. . .live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble. 1 Peter 3:8


1 comment:

Becky Kiser said...

you have got to post those halloween pics!