Sunday, July 26

It's a Camp Thing

We've just returned. Not very happily I might add.

Yes, we had a delightful time, wonderful, in fact - It's just that we didn't want to leave. Pine Cove Woods Week 7. If it's the middle of July - that's where you'll find the Hamzas. We consider it our own personal Heaven on Earth.

We start planning and coordinating the moment we are driving out of the large pine tree laden property. "I hope that Counselor will be here next year" one says. "I wish I'd ridden the horses this year" another pipes in. "When am I old enough to be in Wild Woods?" no doubt it's six year old/almost seven Dawkin speaking.

Upon first mentioning this Christian Family Camp to Mr. Wonderful back in early 2005, he replied, "East Texas in the middle of July? What are you smoking?" I kid you not. The very same man dedicated to furthering the gospel of Jesus Christ concerned his wife was a little kooky. Well, I called, got our name on the list and waited for the phone to ring telling us we would be the winners of a room at Pine Cove (not really winners but we got a room!).


No comments: