Sunday, January 20

The American


Today was tremendous! I was able to rest this morning and catch up on my Breaking Free homework though the beach activities were calling to me from the window (the bay is across the street from Patti and Georgia's apartment building). It seems Sunday mornings, in Brazil, are the time to do your excercises on the sand and anyone can join in. "Must stay on task" the left brain said (must remember to turn down left brain volume, right brain said!). We left for church around 5:00 pm and upon arriving, I installed the first International Design from Stuck On The Word. This is huge. I could barely finish installing it because I had become so emotional thanking the Lord for His faithfulness and the over abundance of grace He has allowed me. Church started at 7:45 pm and after a few songs I stood up to speak. Obviously, I had been prayed for. Thank you. I wasn't nervous and I knew the Lord was in control. So Georgia interpreted what came out of my mouth. I didn't feel like it was so wonderful but it must have been what He wanted. Patti gave an amazing sermon on Doubting God. Well, it looked amazing - you know I really didn't understand Portuegese! Afterwards (church ended at 9:30 pm) several women came to me and, in broken english, told me how it had resonated with them. Five year old Marianna (did not speak english) told me she loved me! Not sure if it was because we both had on blue beads or since I told her pink was my favorite color too (hey, glamour talks in any language). I got to visit with several women. One loves HFBC because she was saved with a member from there. Another asked me to pray about her boyfriend accepting the Lord and how she was really trying to live a good testimony. Another wanted to continue my talk on how the Lord is Faithful. I was blessed. We stayed at church until 11:00pm (everything is very late here) and them came home to a yummy papaya. So as the clock is approaching 12:45 AM, I bid you Ciao!

We are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Jesus Christ, so that we can do the good things He planned for us a long time ago. Ephesians 2:10 NLT

1 comment:

Nancy Mon said...

yea! You are official! Loved reading your blog. I look forward to many more interesting and fun times reading about your thoughts, dreams and experiences.