Saturday, January 19

The Adventurer


In Wonderlust, Vicki Kuyper writes, "Out of all the journeys I've taken, it is this one-the one that leads me closer to God and toward becoming who He created me to be-that holds the most adventure, beauty, and unbridled joy. I arrived today in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, after four months of contemplating my first mission trip. Delighted but sleep deprived from flying overnight in a chair that wouldn't recline, I've hit the wall. The one that says, "What are you doing? Why aren't you home with your family in your own bed?" Here's the answer: Because the Lord wants me here. He made it clear to me that this is where I am supposed to be today. Now I have to continue the journey toward becoming who He created me to be. Relying on His faithfulness to work out His purpose for this trip. Over and over again, experienced missionaries told me I would be changed as a result of my journey, at the moment I would settle for "prepared". My gracious hosts, Patti and Georgia, have asked me to speak in church tomorrow evening. Now my prayer is for words. . .and sleep.

Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage. Psalm 84:5

No comments: